We are looking for a 2D Game Artist to join our team. Your main focus will be production assets for our games but will also need to be a generalist in the sense that you should be able to independently design, execute and make your assets work in our games. You will be surrounded by people who will help you become a better game developer each day, inspire you and push you to become a stronger artist.
- Create beautiful animals, characters, buildings and environments
- Accurately estimate work time and deliver assets quickly and efficiently
- Maintain and elevate the visual style, design and overall look of our games
- Develop and create visual UI solutions, clear menus and VFX
You may also be asked to
- Develop visual concepts and ideas for future titles
- Involve yourself with the look and feel of projects which may include animation, illustration and marketing art
- Ability to create a variety of cartoon art styles, with a passion for quirky, stylised art design
- Capable of independently creating 2D art from concept sketching to final renderings/tweaks and exporting them to the game engine (Unity)
- Proven experience with User Interface design
- Proven experience with Adobe Photoshop or similar industry standard paint studio
- Demonstrate pride and responsibility in your work when given the freedom to work independently
- Experience with Blender 3D modelling is a plus.
- Playstation 5 Room: When you need some time to recharge yourself, there is a selection of games available to play!
- Snacks: Communal fridge stocked with snacks and beverages + Espresso Machine
- Tater Labs: Some Fridays we will spent learning and experimenting to improve our skillsets – expect lectures, workshops and presentations
- Pitch Games: Pitch and run your own games supported by Tater Games
- Teambuildings: Go-Kart Racing, Escape rooms, Hiking trips, Parties
- Event Tickets: Game Conferences like GDC, Gamescom, E3, Reboot
- Golem Gym Membership
- Cool and creative office with a good location
- 5 Sick days (in addition to the regular leave)
- PCR test paid by employer
- Possibility to work remotely (home office)
About Tater Games
Tater Games is a Slovak game development studio that balances out-of-this-world creativity with real-world data. We believe the best people make the best games, and that’s who we’re looking for. If you love games, possess the skill needed to craft them, and you’re looking for a job that provides ownership and independence, you’re in the right place. We keep our teams small so the talent has the freedom to make decisions without needless oversight.